Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Microsoft over the ages

I have been around computers for pretty much all my life. The best pastime was when I first bought my own PC, the endless times I formatted and reinstalled the whole OS, for Window 98 installing all the drivers all over again. Misplacing CDs, partitioning hard drives, copying large numbers of music files from one Hard drive to another, changing hard drives from master to slave, upgrading to Windows XP and Windows 2000 and also trying out different versions of Linux. All of this without a cheap internet connection, which was used only to check email.

If I had access to cheaper internet, may be I wouldn't have learnt as much about computers.

So, these pictures from Wired of Microsoft OS have brought back fond memories of my PC adventures.



You can see the whole gallery of Windows history here.

0 comments: